simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Sunday 13 April 2014

Happiness

"When we make a purchase and/or get what we want, we are temporarily happy and fulfilled. But the reason for happiness is not because we got what we wanted, but because for a brief period of time, we stopped wanting, and thus we experience peace and happiness"

    -Adyashanti

Why does making purchases make you happy or feel fulfilled?

Think about what else makes you happy, list 10 things and have a think about them.

Are they things that keep you healthy? Things that don't send you broke? Things that are not materialistic? Do you think you should be seeking happiness in other things?

I would love to know what makes you happy via my page.

My 10
Outdoors.cooking.friends.horrormovies.wine.chocolate.mypuppy.reading.love.music

Stay simple

2 comments:

  1. 1. trying new things outdoors
    2. having a clean house
    3. catching up with friends and family - but this has come to mean fewer people in greater depth and I am just loving not feeling the pressure to have to 'connect' with people that I don't have anything in common with anymore, or via Facebook
    4. anything with my husband
    5. my dogs - specifically when I get home and they are so excited to see me
    6. reading the paper or books, especially in the sun
    7. lots of cups of tea
    8. having a new fabulous outfit - though your blog has made me reconsider what constitutes new, and I am starting to partially redefine it as meaning 'new to me' but not always new from a store
    9. dessert and brunch
    10. Can I put 'husband' again? haha - really anything or anyone that makes me laugh, including colleagues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladies,

    I was out shopping yesterday and found some top bargains which make me happy as they are for other people as gifts. It's not usually shop bought stuff; more often home made stuff or seedlings or magazines. If it makes someone else happy, it makes me happy.

    My 10:
    1. my job, teaching
    2. making other people happy
    3. seeing my A+T or good friends
    4. tutoring, and having a child say, oh I get it now...
    5. my fellas, being silly or modelling new things I've made
    6. good dinner in front of good tv with my good husband
    7. reading, writing, researching
    8. things that make me laugh out loud
    9. chatting to my A+T+S+K or listening to them chat to each other
    10. listening to good music while baking
    11. I'd like to add cake but maybe not

    ReplyDelete