simplicity

simplicity
“Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
Albert Einstein

Monday 2 December 2013

Back to basics


When I set myself the challenge to not buy anything new for a year I must admit I did freak out a bit. I started to make lists of everything I need to buy before Jan 1. I had to think about what events I have coming up and also what I will do when winter hits. I felt like I had to go buy everything. But that really defeats the purpose so I had to be strategic about it.


I bought 3 pairs of good quality jeans. I would never usually spend upwards of $50 jeans (mainly because I'm not a jeans person) but I figured I need to buy something that is going to last. Along with the jeans I bought some comfortable denim shorts and a fair few basic tops. I went to styles and colours that will not go out of fashion and things that I can dress up and down with my other items of clothing. Check out my small stock pile. I'm Pretty happy with it. I had to include some longer sleeved tops to wear in winter too.


Now every girl has to enjoy a spot of shopping but long and tiresome process was it for me! I'm actually looking forward to not going to the shops for a long time. Less hustle and bustle, less rude sales staff and less spending.



Now let's just hope that those bell bottom jeans from the 70s don't come back in fashion - because that would be a disaster in itself! Hehe


Stay simple

No comments:

Post a Comment